Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Week 16


Well, that just about confirms it.  ACL is cursed.  Is it the name?  It's the name...isn't it?  Always a bridesmaid.  Sigh...



When Saquon and Zeke have the worst games of their seasons in the playoffs, and Odell is inactive a day AFTER Williams played.  Congrats to the Futures for once again breaking my heart.

On the other side of the bracket, Doctor B and the E-Munnies had a much more impressive matchup, ending up only two points apart.  In the end, the upstart newbie dethroned our defending champion.  So once again, a repeat championship is avoided.


That said, there is still the chance for our first ever 2-time champion.  My own disappointment aside, this is a pretty fun matchup.  The original league champion who finally battled his way from mediocrity back to the big show, facing off against the newest franchise in the league.  Some might say the newbie hasn't earned this honor after having only spent a year and a single draft with his team.  I wouldn't say that, of course...but some might.

I'm torn.  You see, I want a team who has worked hard through the draft and years of "rebuilding" to succeed.  That's what dynasty is all about!  But....I don't know if I can take it if the Futures win twice before ACL even wins once.



Seriously, though, thanks guys for another fun season!  As some of you know, Runner Runner's owner will be stepping down from running his team this offseason, so if you know anyone who would be interested in taking over his team, let me know!  It comes with the first overall pick and Gurley (arguably the best dynasty asset available), so that's a pretty great way to start the rebuild process.  

Happy holidays to everyone!  I hope you and your families are doing well.  Good luck to the finalists.  I hope your players break records.  And for the rest of us losers...well, there's always next season!