Friday, April 26, 2019

2019 Draft


And we're at it again!  Hopefully you all are keeping up with the NFL draft!  Our draft will start next Thursday.  This is our 4th rookie draft (can you believe it?), so most of the originals should be used to the routine.  But since we have a new owner this year (welcome, Reek's Revenge!), I'll cover the process below:



Right before the draft begins, I will be adding some random IDP players and retired guys to your rosters.  This is a fleaflicker issue, since we all have to have the exact same number of players for their draft board to generate correctly.  Don't mess with those random players I add.  I'll drop them for you after the draft is over.  I will also expand roster-sizes to 38.  Before the draft starts, all teams will need to have their IRs cleared.  This is to make sure nobody has an advantage going into the draft.  If you do not do this, I will drop players to clear space.  You probably don't want me choosing the players to drop for you, so please take care of this!

During the draft, there is a 12hour draft timer, which turns off from midnight until 6am.  This means that when you go on the clock (OTC), you will have 12 hours to make your pick (or 18 hours if you are on the clock when the clock turns off overnight).  The clock exists for convenience purposes, but please make your picks in a timely manner.  It's not kind to make the rest of us wait around if you are able to pick before the clock expires.  If you don't make your pick when your time is up, I will autopick for you based on the fleaflicker rankings.  Fleaflicker rankings are terrible, by the way, so I wouldn't recommend you rely on that.

I will notify you when you are OTC using the facebook group.  If you don't regularly check facebook or get those notifications, I recommend you check in on fleaflicker regularly.  When you are OTC, you can make your pick on the fleaflicker draft page.  You do not need to wait for me to notify you to make your pick, if you notice you are OTC before I do.

During the draft, you may pick rookies or free agents, whichever you prefer.  I recommend you favor rookies, but I'm not one to tell you how to run your team!  During the draft you may also make trades.  You may trade picks and/or players, just like normal.  I will try to force trades through as they happen.

When the last pick is made, I will remove all the random players I added at the beginning.  Everyone's FAAB budget will be reset to $100, and waivers will start running weekly.This year's draft will begin on Thursday at 10:00am.  The draft order is as follows for each round:

  1. Reek's Revenge
  2. Radioactive Zombies
  3. BgDkDdy
  4. Land O'Nutts
  5. tEDDy bEARs/li>
  6. Show Me Your TDs/li>
  7. E-Munnies/li>
  8. Arrogance Can't Lose
  9. The Futures
  10. Doctor B

I don't believe any picks have been traded this year (for the first time in league history), so everyone should have their full allotment.  Good luck, and happy drafting!